Yet another poor teenage girl dead at a party.
Yet more Police officers injured at another.
So many of these event-based tragedies could be easily prevented.
So when will it end?
It’ll end when Parents take charge.
Parents who care for their kids will read this post.
- You are in control, not teenagers.
- You decide where your teen’s party will be held.
- You must attend the Police station to register your party.
- You make the decisions about alcohol type and amount.
- You are the one who must observe your teen’s party.
- When your child’s party turns to crap, you are to blame: no one else.
These are bloody harsh words.
But I know I don’t want my teenager injured or killed due to other parents not taking control.
How about you?
If a party isn’t registered with police, or it has inadequate security provisions, my daughter doesn’t go.
Better to annoy and disappoint her and keep her home with me than to identify her body at some morgue.
Emergency services do not exist to clean up your mess and mind your kids.
YOU ARE IN CHARGE.
Be an adult.
Be a parent.
Take responsibility, draw the line and call the shots.
Naomi Oakley, Managing Director, U-NOME Security Communication Specialists.