It’s that time of year again.
Exams finish in a few weeks. Schoolies and end-of-year parties are just around the corner.
Parents are really stressing.
How do I know?
Because I’ve planned and worked at more than 500 teen events.
And because I have an 18-year-old daughter of my own.
Parents are extremely concerned at the idea of their teenager heading interstate or overseas with a bunch of friends to celebrate the end of their school days.
Can you blame them?!
Think about it …
- Kids going on a plane.
- Staying in accommodation that you (and they) have little or no reliable information about.
- Celebrating in an unfamiliar area or country, surrounded by strangers, with different laws and customs.
- Bad scenarios that can (and unfortunately do) unravel on these trips include theft, accident, injury, (sexual) assault, alcohol poisoning, bad drugs, corrupt officials … the list goes on.
Many parents feel helpless, torn between:
- Fear for their children.
- The desire to let them enjoy their freedom.
It’s enough to make you freak!
Over the last few months (including a few sleepless nights!) I’ve been designing a service to give parents some peace of mind.
The aim? To ensure that if kids mess up or get in a tricky situation while away from the safety of home, there’s someone to call apart from (or in addition to) local police.
My solution? To offer a service where Safe Partying Australia Welfare Officers:
- Travel to and stay in the same area as your kids.
- Suss things out on the ground.
- Give your kids vital awareness tips for the location.
- Remain within walking distance of them.
- Be on call to respond swiftly should the need arise.
Safe Partying Australia staff are Melbourne-based and have extensive security and safety experience with teens. These caring professionals can assist parents and teens for as long as they’re needed.
Confidentiality is guaranteed. In other words, unless there’s a requirement for parents to be notified about something, ‘what happens on the trip stays on the trip’.
If you’d like to know more about this valuable service, email me today!
It may well be the best call you ever make.
Naomi Oakley, Founder, Safe Partying Australia.